Designers on the Run have a green and ethical policy in place to encourage positive and less harmful methods of designing. We hope that groups and individuals are encouraged to look at their own environmental footprint and join us in producing effective design solutions that don’t cost the earth.
From the initial design meeting to the final design solution, Designers on the Run endeavours to work in a way that minimizes our and your impact on the environment.
Working with you:
- All journeys are made on public transport or bike wherever possible
- Our resources are made available electronically with our clients, minimising landfill
- We encourage the use and practise of environmentally friendly design methods and materials
- If you are an eco-friendly organisation we can provide you with a wealth of invaluable resources
- We can supply web hosting is with a company with green credentials
- We have established links with printers who are ISO14001 certified with some being audited to CarbonZero status
- All printing is done using recyled, FSC approved papers and use of vegetable inks only
- If a courier service is needed we can provide one with eco credentials and vehicles that run on natural gas
- Is housed within the Creative Exchange a A new and exciting business incubator and flexible workspace for people working in creative industries based in Leith Edinburgh.
- We walk, cycle or use public transport to get to work
- All paper and stationery is either recycled or from pre-consumer waste sources
- Printing is done using both sides of the paper
- Support of Fair Trade through purchasing Fair Trade tea, coffee, sugar and bananas!
- Creation of waste is minimised through bulk buying, avoidance of packaging and considering purchases carefully
- We recycle all recyclable waste including paper, plastic and glass
- We donate all obsolete equipment, furniture, books etc. to Charity shops and/or recycling schemes